New Albany Youth Basketball League
The New Albany Youth Basketball League is a non-profit program dedicated to providing fun and educational programs to children in grades K-6. Through instructional programs and recreational leagues, children will learn the fundamentals of the sport in a fun, relaxed environment.
- Dribble Camp: Open to children in grades K-5, this 5-week program focuses on the fundamentals of ball handling. Campers will receive a t-shirt and basketball. Additionally, they will have the chance to perform the Dribble Camp routine during half-time of two New Albany Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball Games.
- 1st/2nd Grade Basketball League: This program will focus on all of the fundamentals of basketball. This is a developmental program, no score is kept and games are not officiated. The eight-week program will start with two weeks of practices. The remaining six weeks will be broken down into a short practice, followed by a 4-quarter game. Volunteer coaches are needed. Participants will meet for one hour each week within the dedicated time range. All campers will receive a division jersey.
- Leagues are provided for boys and girls in grades 3-6. The league has officiated games and weekday practices. Participants will receive home and away dri-fit jerseys. The league concludes with a postseason showcase or tournament.
- Weekday practices will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Coaches will have the opportunity to pick their day and time slot.
- Coaching requests are not guaranteed. The league reserves the right to assign coaches based on evaluation scores.
- Skill evaluations are required for league participation. Sessions are scheduled on October 14th and October 21st from TBD at the NA Primary Gymnasium. Participants only need to attend one session. 5th/6th graders will evaluate from TBD, 3rd/4th graders will evaluate from TBD.
Coaches Meeting will be announced in early October.
How to Register
Online Registration: Begins September 1st. Deadlines for all programs are listed below.
*Add $50 to participants living outside the New Albany-Plain Local School District.
|Dribble Camp (Grades K-1)||October 23rd||$40||11/4-12/9||Sundays||12:00p-1:00p||Primary Gym|
|Dribble Camp (Grades 2-5)||October 23rd||$40||11/4-12/9||Sundays||1:00p-2:00p||Primary Gym|
|1st/2nd Grade League||December 5th||$90||1/6-2/24||Sundays||12:30p-7:30p||Primary Gym|
|3rd/4th Grade Girls League||October 23rd||$115||10/30-2/24||Multiple||Multiple||Multiple|
|5th/6th Grade Girls League||October 23rd||$115||10/30-2/24||Multiple||Multiple||Multiple|
|3rd Grade Boys League||October 23rd||$115||10/30-2/24||Multiple||Multiple||Multiple|
|4th Grade Boys League||October 23rd||$115||10/30-2/24||Multiple||Multiple||Multiple|
|5th/6th Grade Boys League||October 23rd||$115||10/30-2/24||Multiple||Multiple||Multiple|
The NAYBL is led by a group of volunteers that serve on the board. All camps and leagues are coached by parent volunteers. Without volunteerism, the experience for players and parents alike will suffer. Parents wishing to coach can sign up during registration. If you wish to be involved at the board level, please contact the parks office or any current board member.
2018-2019 NAYBL Board Members
|Greg Poulos||President, Dribble Camp Coordinator|
|Scott Bade||At Large|
|Jason Hoy||At Large, 1st/2nd Grade Camp Coordinator|
|Kyle Spangler||At Large|