New Albany Youth Football and Cheerleading
Providing a quality youth athletic experience since 2000, New Albany Youth Football League's (NAYFL) mission is to teach the youth of New Albany and surrounding communities the fundamentals of tackle football, flag football or the skills to cheer. This instructional league is designed to promote good sportsmanship, teamwork, safety, balanced competition and respect for teammates, coaches, opponents, parents and the community. All participants are guaranteed playing time under the league's constitution with a great deal of emphasis placed on your child's safety and well-being.
Who is Eligible
Boys and Girls entering grades PK-6 are eligible to participate.
Opening Day: August 26
NA Youth Night at the HS Stadium: September 7
NA Homecoming Parade: September 28
How to Register
Online Registration: May 1st - July 17th
After July 17th, all participants will be waitlisted and charged a $25 late fee.
Add $50 the registration fee to players living outside the New Albany-Plain Local School District.
|Division||Grades||Day of Play||Registration Fee|
* Players must be 4 years old by 9/1/18 to participate
**Weeknight games will be at 6:30pm. Sunday games will be (Mini-12pm, Maroon-1pm, Gold-2pm, Eagle-3pm).
|Division||Grades||Days of Play||Ball Carry Weight||Registration Fee|
|Junior Tackle||3-4||Weekday practices, weekend games||100 lbs||$250|
|Senior Tackle||5-6||Weekday practices, weekend games||125 lbs||$250|
Tackle Football Information
- League includes New Albany, Bexley, Columbus Academy, Gahanna and Worthington.
- Games will be played on Saturday or Sunday. Times and location are determined by the above-mentioned teams.
- Important dates:
- July 22 - Equipment Fitting
- July 23-26 - Evaluations; Participants are required to attend all 4 days
- July 30 - Practice begins in the Purple Zone
- August 26 - Opening Day
- October 27 - Championship Games
- All coaches are USA Football certified
|Division||Grades||Days of Play||Registration|
|Flag Football Cheer||K-3||Tues/Thurs; Cheer on Sundays||$125 + uniform fees|
|Tackle Football Cheer||4-6||Tues/Thurs; Cheer on Saturdays||$125 + uniform fees|
- Cheer fees include: Cheer Camp, pom poms, cheer bow and t-shirt.
- Cheer Camp Dates: August 7-9, location TBA.
- Uniform Fitting Dates: August 2nd from 5:30pm-6:30pm at Bevelhymer Park Green Zone concession stand. Uniform includes shell, skirt, midriff and brief.
- Practices begin August 14th in the Green Zone from 6-7:30pm.
- If you have a Cheer Uniform you'd like to sell/swap, please bring it with you to the uniform fittings.
- Independence Day Parade: July 4th, All cheerleaders are invited and should wear cheer shorts, 2017 cheer camp tankand cheer bow.
|2018 NAYFL Board Members|
|Vice President||Ryan Brigle|
|Director, Boosters||James Manville|
|Director, Registration||John Clark|
|Director, Cheer||Kathy Vinciguerra|
|Tackle and Flag Board Members|
|Prsident, Tackle||Mugz Burnstorf|
|President, Flag||Ryan Brigle|
|Vice President, Tackle||Open|
|Vice President, Flag||Miles Rush|
|Director, Fields||Kevin Allen|
|Director, Special Events||Jessica Brigle, Kerri Keefer|
|Director, Equipment and Combine||John Clark|
|Director, Equipment||Michael Ridgway|
|Director, Communications||Harry Hines|
|Director, Finance||Mike Troutman|
|Director, Special Events||Marty Jerwers|
|Director, Communications||Paul Flowers|
|Sr Tackle Commissioner||Kevin Allen|
|Jr Tackle Commissioner||Marty Jerwers|
|Director, Sponsorships||Pat Williams|
|Director, Rules and Coaches||Don Deshetler|
|Director, Tackle Officials||Brent Roth|
|Director, Flag Officials||Miles Rush/Pat Williams|
|Director, Fields/Operations||Daniel Skinner|