New Albany Youth Baseball
Who is Eligible
Registration is open to all boys and girls who meet the age requirements (see chart below) and live within the New Albany Little League's boundaries. A $50 Non-resident fee will be applied for all players outside of the New Albany - Plain Local school district.
|League Age (age on 8/31/19)||Fees (By 1/31/19)||Fees (After 1/31/19)|
|Tee Ball: Ages 5-6||$110||$110|
|Prep (Intro Coach Pitch): Ages 6-8||$115||$125|
|Rookie (Advanced Coach Pitch): Ages 7-8||$115||$125|
|AA (Kid Pitch-Coach Pitch Hybrid): Ages 9-10||$115||$125|
|AAA (Kid Pitch): Ages 10-11||$115||$125|
|Majors (Kid Pitch): Ages 11-12||$115||$125|
- Teeball is for 5 and 6 year olds not ready for coach pitch baseball.
- Prep is for 6 and 7 year olds. Coaches pitch from a shorter distance than Rookie with a softer exterior ball. 6 year olds should play a season of teeball before signing up for Prep.
- Rookie is for 7 and 8 year olds. Coaches pitch from a further distance than Prep with a real baseball. 7 year olds should play a season of Prep before signing up for Rookie.
- AA is for 9 and 10 year olds. This division is kid pitch, but after the 4th ball, a coach will throw up to 3 pitches to the batter. There are no walks in this division.
- AAA is for 10 and 11 year olds. This division is kid pitch. 10 year olds should play a season of AA before signing up for AAA.
- Majors is for 12 year olds. This division is kid pitch.
How to Register
Online registration: January 7th-February 26th
Registrations taken after February 26th will be waitlisted. Families with more than four players will not be charged for more than three children (the three oldest will be charged). Registration into each division is considered a request. League Commissioners and Evaluators will have the authority to recommend an alternate division based on skill. Parents will be contacted prior to a registered player being reassigned.
Evaluations are Saturdays, February 23rd and March 2nd from 12:30-2:30 in the Intermediate Gymnasium.
- Tee Ball and Prep players do not evaluate. Rookie, AA, AAA and Majors players are only required to come to one session.
- Attention Prep Players: This is only for Prep players who are interested in being considered to "play-up" in the Rookie division. Prep players will now be permitted to attend one of the two evaluation sessions for the 2019 Spring season. To be considered, the player must have at least one season of Prep division experience and not turn 7 before August 31st, 2019. The player evaluation scores will be reviewed by the New Albany Youth Baseball and Softball Board. Any player(s) that qualify will be notified no later than two weeks after the last evaluation date.
The season will begin with practices in early April. Games will run from early April through late June.
- Tee Ball: Mondays OR Tuesdays and Saturdays (Practices do not begin until late April)
- Prep : Wednesdays OR Thursdays and Saturdays (Practices do not begin until late April)
- Rookie: Thursdays and Saturdays
- AA: Tuesdays and Saturdays
- AAA: Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Majors: Wednesdays and Saturdays
- **The league reserves the right to schedule games outside the days listed in case of weather or availability conflicts**
- Picture Day: TBD
- Little League Tournament Tryouts: Please see the New Albany Little League website for dates.
- New Albany Baseball/Softball Pool Party: TBD
- New Albany Youth Night with the Columbus Clippers: TBD
Where to Play
Practices and Games are held at Bevelhymer Park in the Yellow, Red and Purple zones.
2019 Board Members
|President, NAYBSL||John LaVoie|
|Sponsorship Chair||Gary Niederpruem|
|Little League President||Tony Oakleaf|
|VP, Travel Baseball||Jake Clark|
|VP, Travel Baseball||Tim Bush|
|VP, Travel Baseball||Mike Routhier|
|VP, Travel Baseball||John Tyler|
|VP, Travel Softball||Phil Johnson|
|VP, Softball||Jason Milburn|
|VP, Communications||Chris Barrett|
|Safety Officer||Brian Klima|
|Player Agent||Doug Stachler|
|At Large||Rob LaCommare|
|Tee Ball Commissioner||Kyle Spangler|
|Prep Commissioner||Nate Thompson|
|Rookie Commissioner||Greg Kovacs|
|AA Commissioner||Steve Hall|
|AAA Commissioner||Adam Traunter|
|Majors Commissioner||John Tyler|
|CPSB Commissioner||Josh Nasrallah|
|KPSB Commissioner||Jason Milburn|
|Equipment Manager||Brian Klima|